Protecting your financial future
Insurance is a form of risk management primarily used to hedge against the risk of a contingent, uncertain loss.
You may wish to transfer the risk to an insurance company, thereby paying a premium for the right to claim. Alternatively, you may wish to “Self Insure”. Self Insurance is a risk management method in which a calculated amount of money is personally set aside to compensate for the potential future loss.
An insurer will “price-up” the risk of offering to insure a particular person, object or event, and provide a policy with a benefit (the amount payable in the event of a claim) for an ongoing cost of the policy (premiums payable to own the cover). This is the “underwriting” process.
An insurance policy can be taken out for:
- premature death (life cover),
- incapacity (total and permanent disablement),
- organic health problems (trauma insurance),
- temporary illness or accident (income protection),
- business owner’s insurance (tax audit, machinery breakdown, key person or overheads cover),
- car, home or boat (contents, third party, fire and theft),
- medical expenses (health cover), and
- legal action (Public Liability, Professional Indemnity & Product Liability).
We can quote on and assist the application of policies for items 1 through 6 above.
Make a time to see us today, and ensure you are insured in the event of one of the above occurring!